Operation vs. Communication Tools
Your team creates all kinds of reports, spread sheets and slides to plan, run, measure, and report on what you are doing in your operation.
Of course you need these detailed materials to run your function — but please don’t inflict them on others! Read More
Invisible is not the high ground
I often hear people say something like: “I like to fly under the radar. I like to keep my head down and just do the work. It’s the work that matters. Read More
This month’s webinar was on Marketing & Positioning Yourself.
If you missed it, you can download the podcast!
This is a useful webinar to download if you need to:
- Prepare for a job search or interview
- Go after a promotion in your own company
- Prepare for your annual performance review
- Build a compelling, go-to library of career-management materials
- Be seen as your best, authentic self, more frequently and consistently
If you are a member of Azzarello Group, you can download the webinar for free. Read More
I was quite excited when I realized that I could open my book RISE on my kindle and ask to “view popular highlights and marks”.
How cool is that?
As I browsed through what most people were highlighting, I got the idea to share them because there is an interesting theme here…
The Most Popular Highlights in RISE
Here they are…
1. Read More
I am always talking about the importance of getting and using mentors. Today I want to talk about also being a mentor.
I remember when I first joined HP, I was asked to attend a meeting to discuss mentoring. Read More
Every month I do a webinar on a topic of business leadership and personal effectiveness as part of my membership program for business leaders.
This month’s webinar was on Personal Brand Tune-up.
The live broadcast is always free an open to anyone. Read More
Scared is OK
Lately I have found myself telling a lot of people that it’s OK to be scared.
This often comes up when someone is considering delivering a big presentation, taking on a new project, or going for a promotion…or even just speaking up in meetings. Read More
This is short post this week, but this topic is on my mind because I have had this conversation with so many people over the past month or so.
The dilemma so many people face…
Two kinds of people
There is one kind of person (who is universally disliked) that brags, is always talking, pretends they know it all, doesn’t add value, but acts like they are really important. Read More
“But I am humble”
You need to be viewed as credible if you want to be highly effective and get the recognition, resources, and trust you deserve.
But you can’t be credible if you are invisible.
Humble people often tell me,
“It’s the work that matters. Read More
Since this month’s upcoming webinar is on Developing Strategic Habits, I wanted to talk how becoming more valuable and being more strategic are connected.
What do I mean by “being strategic”?
- The opposite of reacting immediately and equally to everything
- Overall, big picture, business understanding
- Deciding on purpose, how you want to invest your time, and doing it
- Conceiving of, leading, and implementing necessary change and transformation
- Understanding investments, impact, outcomes, costs, risks and consequences
- Assessing the need for, and building support systems
- Achieving predictable success on long term projects and goals
- Evolving your role to meet changing business needs
- …always considering what adds the most value, not just working hard
What adds value? Read More