Every month I do a webinar on a topic of business leadership
as part of my membership program.
This month’s webinar was on Ruthless Priorities & Strategy.
(Get invited to future webinars)
If you missed it, you can download the podcast!
If you are a member of Azzarello Group, you can download the webinar for free.
This is a good webinar to download if you:
- Are on the hook to implement a key business strategy and want to reduce risk
- Want to focus and motivate your team on the right critical tasks
- Have struggled to define meaningful measures that ensure progress
- Need a way to push back on non-strategic (but not-optional work)
- Find yourself in bad meetings with too much talking vs. doing
What makes strategies succeed?
The main reason companies fail to execute their strategy is because they don’t effectively prioritize doing the right strategic stuff.
In this webinar I shared things I have observed and learned both from my own organizations as well as the many client organizations I currently work with to effectively implement their strategy.
All organizations have non-optional, annoying, and distracting work that comes both from internal pressures, and customer issues and demands.
Successful execution is all about being realistic about what you have to do and what it will require, and also being realistic and prepared for all the stuff that tries to throw you off course.
Focus and Accountability
Many organizations fail to choose and measure the right things the right way. They choose things that are easy to measure vs. things that actually predict and ensure progress.
We talked about how to understand and define the right mid-term measures, control points, and outcome-oriented measures that will move you forward and eliminate risk.
Doing vs. Talking
We also covered the common habits of poor communication, bad meetings, ineffective collaboration and unclear decision making that result in lots of unproductive talking. I shared some practical techniques to combat this “talking” and move your team into focused, active doing instead.
Here’s what the webinar covers:
How to stay focused on the key drivers of your strategy:
- Define and budget time for the right Ruthless Priorities
- Defend against urgent demands that pull you off course
- Deal with inneffecitve collaboration (talking!) that stalls progress
- Set the right measures that will ensure progress and reduce risk
There are some great worksheets for this webinar which include:
- Time & resource budgets for Ruthless Priorities and distractions
- Tools to defend against non-strategic demands and time-wasters
- Template for defining effective mid-term measures
Get the webinar now
If you are tempted to purchase this webinar, that’s great.
But you might want to consider getting a membership to Azzarello Group — it’s a much better deal.
With a membership, for just $179 for a whole year, you can get access to everything in the member library.
If you are a member, just on this topic alone, you can also get related webinars for free on:
- Good Strategy, Bad Strategy (expert interview Dr. Richard Rumelt)
- Negotiating Your Workload
- Developing Strategic Habits
- Is your Strategy And Good? (expert interview with Bob Kaplan)
- Leading a High-perfoming Team
So you might as well join and get them all for free!
Additional benefits for members
Take a look through the Member Library and see all the other great webinars and resources you get too. For your membership fee of $179 you will be able to access everything in the Member Library for a full year!
Plus you get live coaching from me in monthly Coaching Hour conference calls where you can ask your own questions.
Membership a great resource (and a steal at $179) to help you advance your career.
Become a Member