This month’s webinar was on Authentic Networking.
If you missed it, you can download the podcast!
This is a useful webinar to download if you want to:
- Get better and more comfortable at networking
- Find tools and a structured approach to make networking feel more valuable
- Understand how to meet new people in a way that is meaningful and genuine
- Set realistic networking goals for yourself that will fit into your schedule
- Get ideas to stay in touch with people and build value into your network over time
This is a great topic to think about as we start the new year…
If you build a plan to be better at networking, you can do it.
If you are a member of Azzarello Group, you can download the webinar for free.
If you are not a member, you can: purchase the webinar, or Learn about membership.
Successful People Get the Most Help
Building a network of support is vital to your career and business success.
As you advance, your success becomes more about what you can do through others than how good you are on your own.
I have seen several people get turned down for executive positions because they were not seen as having enough support.
If you are not comfortable networking…
When I am in front of groups of people I ask for a show of hands…”raise your hand if you are good at networking”.
In every single case, the vast majority of hands stay down. So if you are not good at networking you are not alone in this struggle.
Common reasons people give for not liking networking are:
- It seems shallow
- You don’t like small talk
- You don’t like networking events
- You don’t like talking to strangers
- You don’t like starting conversations without a specific topic
- It seems selfish or disingenuous, like you are in it to get stuff
- You don’t understand why others would want to know you
- It takes too much time
If you believe all of those things, the great news is that you can build a strong, authentic, network and not worry about those things.
For much of my own career, I was not a natural networker. But I figured out a way to do it by putting some purpose and structure to the task.
In this webinar, I share the tools and approach I used to build a really strong network in a way that was genuine and comfortable — and created value for the others too.
Here’s what the webinar specifically covers:
How to get good at networking even if it makes you uncomfortable
- Meet new people in a way that doesn’t feel awkward or shallow
- Build value into your network by giving
- The value of “weak connections” and networking with people you already know
- Use your network in a way that is not just self-serving
- Do meaningful networking without spending a lot of time
- And more…
There are very useful worksheets for this webinar which include:
- Networking categories and goals template
- Network communication plan template
- Network introductions template
Get the webinar now
If you are tempted to purchase this webinar, that’s great.
But you might want to consider getting a membership to Azzarello Group — it’s a much better deal.
With a membership, for just $179 for a whole year, you can get access to everything in the member library.
As a member, just on this topic alone, you can also get related webinars for free on:
So you might as well join and get them all for free!
Additional benefits for members
Take a look through the Member Library and see all the other great webinars and resources you get too.
Plus you get live coaching from me in monthly Coaching Hour conference calls where you can ask your own questions.
Membership a great resource (and a steal at $179) to help you advance your career.
Become a Member
Download the webinar with worksheets and templates
Download just the podcast
Patty Azzarello is an executive, best-selling author, speaker and CEO/Business Advisor.
She became the youngest general manager at HP at the age of 33, ran a billion dollar software business at 35 and became a CEO for the first time at 38 (all without turning into a self-centered, miserable jerk)
You can find Patty at www.AzzarelloGroup.com, follow her on twitter or facebook, or read her book RISE…3 Practical Steps for Advancing Your Career, Standing Out as a Leader, AND Liking Your Life.